1. Tong, W.,
and J.W. Pollard. 1999. Progesterone inhibits estrogen-induced cyclin
D1 and cdk4 nuclear translocation, cyclin E,A-cdk2 kinase activation
and cell proliferation in uterine epithelial cells in mice. Mol.
Cell. Biol. 19:2252-2264.
2. Chen, B., D. Zhang, and J.W. Pollard. 2003. Progesterone regulation
of the mammalian ortholog of methylcitrate dehydratase (immune response
gene 1) in the uterine epithelium during implantation through the
protein kinase C pathway. Mol Endocrinol 17:2340-2354.
3. Pollard, J.W. 1997. Role of colony-stimulating factor-1 in reproduction
and development. Molecular Reproduction and Development 46:54-61.
4. Guleria, I., and J.W. Pollard. 2000. The trophoblast is a component
of the innate immune system during pregnancy. Nat Med 6:589-593.
5. Barber, E.M., and J.W. Pollard. 2003. The uterine NK cell population
requires IL-15 but these cells are not required for pregnancy nor
the resolution of a Listeria monocytogenes infection. J Immunol
6. Cohen, P.E., L. Zhu, K. Nishimura, and J.W. Pollard. 2002. Colony-Stimulating
Factor 1 Regulation of Neuroendocrine Pathways that Control Gonadal
Function in Mice. Endocrinology 143:1413-1422.
7. Gouon-Evans, V., M.E. Rothenberg, and J.W. Pollard. 2000. Postnatal
mammary gland development requires macrophages and eosinophils.
8. Nguyen, A.V., and J.W. Pollard. 2000. Transforming growth factor
beta3 induces cell death during the first stage of mammary gland
involution. Development 127:3107-3118.
9. Lin, E.Y., V. Gouon-Evans, A.V. Nguyen, and J.W. Pollard. 2002.
The macrophage growth factor, CSF-1, in mammary gland development
and cancer. Journal of Mammary Gland Development and Neoplasia 7:147-162.
10. Pollard, J.W. 2004. Tumor educated macrophages promote tumor
progression and metastasis. Nature Reveiws Cancer In Press.
11. Moadel, R.M., A.V. Nguyen, E.Y. Lin, P. Lu, J. Mani, M.D. Blaufox,
J.W. Pollard, and E. Dadachova. 2003. Positron emission tomography
agent 2-deoxy-2-[18F]fluoro-D-glucose has a therapeutic potential
in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 5:R199-205.
Other recent references of interest.
12. Cohen, P.E., Pollard, J.W. 2001. Regulation of meiotic recombination
and phosphase I progression in mammals. Bioessays 23:996-1009.
13. Kneitz, B., P.E. Cohen, E. Avdievich, L. Zhu, M.F. Kane, H.
Hou, Jr., R.D. Kolodner, R. Kucherlapati, J.W. Pollard, and W. Edelmann.
2000. MutS homolog 4 localization to meiotic chromosomes is required
for chromosome pairing during meiosis in male and female mice. Genes